Monday, March 9, 2009

Chalk Talk


Well, that was interesting, but it left me hoping that Chalk isn't a totally accurate view of life as a teacher. I hope that as a teacher I'm not depressed, that I have a life outside of school, and that I can actually teach my students useful information. It was comical to see how these teachers and administrators really had no control over their students and didn't garner any respect. I'm sure that many teachers do face that challenge, but I think if teachers conduct themselves in a respectful, professional manner and make known their expectations for the students, then the students learn their role in the classroom.

I think that the movie does hit on some key points for teachers- relationships with colleagues, getting frustrated and losing your cool, time management, and competency. I think it is good for us to think about these aspects and realize how much time, effort, and communication it takes to be an effective teacher. This movie is a good conversation starter for current and future teachers so we can discuss situations and things that we will encounter, but that aren't covered in our Ed. classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment